Roasted Asparagus with Almond-Honey Ginger Vinaigrette
Roasting asparagus ensures tender stalks and crispy ends; using a rich, nutty oil and plenty of salt makes it even better. In this recipe, sprightly Honey-Ginger balsamic, lemon zest and mustard seeds perk everything up before serving. - Rachel P.
1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed if needed
California Roasted Almond Oil
Salt and pepper
Honey-Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar
Zest of half a lemon
1 tbsp. of mustard seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the asparagus stalks on a sheet pan and coat generously with oil (there should be enough to form a dressing with the vinegar after roasting). Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Roast in the oven for about 10 minutes, until bright green, tender and lightly caramelized (this will depend on the size of your stalks).
4. Lightly toast mustard seeds in a small skillet on low heat, about 3 minutes.
5. Drizzle the asparagus with balsamic vinegar, tossing to coat.
6. Transfer asparagus to a serving plate and sprinkle with lemon zest and toasted mustard seeds.