This quick side dish combines the sweet-tart flavour of Serrano honey vinegar with rich coconut and toasted sesame. It is fantastic served with a coconut curry and steamed rice, or as part of a salad with poached chicken and herbs. - Rachel P.
1 medium butternut squash (about 2 lb.), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 Tbsp. Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tbsp. Evoolution Serrano Honey Vinegar
½ Tbsp. honey
½ Tsp. Evoolution Dark Toasted Sesame Oil
2 green onions, sliced thinly (optional)
Small handful of sesame seeds, lightly toasted (optional)
1. Heat the Mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium-high heat in a wok or heavy frying pan.
2. When hot, add the squash and let brown, stirring periodically until lightly browned on all sides.
3. At this point, the squash should be nearly tender; add the serrano honey vinegar and the honey.
4. Stir until most of the liquid has evaporated and the squash is nicely coated in the glaze.
5. Turn off the heat, stir in the sesame oil.
6. Turn onto a plate and garnish with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds, if desired.