This smooth, sophisticated dip uses both cream cheese and sour cream to round out the pungent, earthy flavour of truffle. Note that only half a teaspoon of truffle oil perfumes the dip - any more than this, and you risk overpowering the dish. Serve with raw vegetables, bread or crackers, or use it as a condiment and mix it into mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs or pasta. - EJ
225 g (1 brick) plain cream cheese
200 g sour cream
1 ½ tsp Black Truffle Salt
½ tsp. Black Truffle Oil
2 tbsp. Picual Olive Oil
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. chives, chopped finely
1. Using a rubber spatula, cream the cheese on the side of a large bowl until soft.
2. Add sour cream and whip until incorporated.
3. Add half of truffle salt and pepper and whip. Add the remaining salt and pepper.
4. Using a teaspoon, add the truffle oil.
5. Add EVOO and mix thoroughly.
6. Add chives and mix again.
7. Correct the seasoning.