This inventive, spicy chili is made in the slow cooker for an easy, flavourful meal. - Colin
1 (1.5 kg) pork shoulder
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces of beer
2 garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 can tomato puree
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can brown beans with maple syrup
5 tablespoons Red Cayenne Chili Oil
2 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. Preheat slow cooker on high heat.
2. Cut the pork shoulder into large pieces and boil in a pot for 40 minutes.
3. While the pork is boiling, dice the red and green peppers, garlic cloves, and shallot. Add all of the ingredients (except the pork as it should still be cooking) into the slow cooker.
4. After the pork has been boiling for 40 minutes, cut it into small pieces and add it to the slow cooker.
5. Cook for 6 hours on high stirring the chili every 40-60 minutes. Turn the slow cooker on low to keep warm. Add salt to taste.