This is winter salad has a crisp, clean bite, thanks to the flavourful vegetables and kicky citrus. It is a welcome respite from the excess of the season. – Rachel P.
INGREDIENTS1 head radicchio
1. Slice the radicchio in half, then quarter each half and pull the leaves apart. Arrange them on a platter.
2. Pull apart the layers of the endive and arrange on top of the radicchio.
3. Slice the fennel very thinly and add to the platter.
4. Cut away the peel of the orange and slice it into rounds. Slice these rounds in half, if desired, and place on top.
5. Drizzle with orange vinaigrette.
6. Alternatively, place all of the ingredients in a bowl and toss with the vinaigrette, and then arrange them on the platter for a more casual presentation.
Serves 4 with a main, more with a spread