This is a quick and easy appetizer to serve with drinks or other small plates for an elegant dinner party. Oven-roasted tomatoes can be substituted for fresh tomatoes in the winter. - Rachel W.
1 ball of fresh mozzarella
Garlic Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
½ cupBlack Mission Fig Dark Balsamic Vinegar, gently reduced by half
Fresh basil or basil pesto to finish
1. Slice the baguette at an angle, brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, until crunchy and golden.
3. Layer a slice of tomato and a slice of mozzarella on each piece of baguette.
4. Sprinkle some more cracked pepper overtop.
5. Just before serving, drizzle with the fig reduction and finish with chopped basil or basil pesto.