Blueberry Balsamic Jam with Rosemary
Sweet blueberries, tart balsamic vinegar and herbal rosemary feature in this unique and versatile jam recipe. Spread over toast, or serve a dollop next to roasted meat or a slice of rich olive oil cake. - Teagan
2 cups blueberries
¼ cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. finely chopped rosemary
¼ package (12 g) light fruit pectin crystals
½ cup Wild Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar
1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar and fresh rosemary on low until reduced by half. Discard the rosemary and set aside.
- 2. In a large pot, mash the blueberries well until few whole berries remain. Add ¼ cup of water.
- 3. Mix the pectin with 1 tbsp. of the sugar and stir into the blueberries.
- 4. Over high heat, bring to a full rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Add the rest of the sugar and continue to boil vigorously, stirring, for 1 minute more.
- 5. Remove from the heat, skim off any foam and stir in the balsamic reduction.
- 6. Fill jars, let cool and store in the refrigerator.
- Makes about 1 ½ cups.
More from: Recipes