Our blood orange chocolate mousse is a delight for the senses. It combines the smooth texture of a rich chocolate and blood orange infused mousse with crunchy pistachios and juicy oranges. - Rachel W.
150 g semi sweet chocolate
½ cup Evoolution Blood Orange Olive Oil
250 mL whipping cream
blood oranges (or cara cara oranges), chopped
1. Slowly melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water . When smooth and glossy add the olive oil and mix until well combined. Set aside to cool.
2. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
3. Slowly pour chocolate and olive oil mixture into cream and gently fold together being careful not to over-mix.
4. Portion into serving cups, cover and chill for at least an hour or until ready to serve.
5. To serve sprinkle each portion with crushed pistachios, fresh chopped oranges and additional blood orange olive oil.